If you have tried to send money to Mexico you’ve probably been surprised by the high fees the common services charged for the transfer. Companies regularly charge a variable fee that increases proportionally to the amount of money sent, meaning you can pay hundreds of dollars for a single transaction.
This isn’t sustainable, especially if you transfer money to Mexico on a regular basis. This article will show you how to make an international transfer for the best price and in the fastest way possible.
Meet Félix: The best way to send money to Mexico from the US
Félix was founded to eliminate barriers for latinos to send money abroad. This is how Manuel and Bernardo, two Wharton MBA students who couldn’t believe there wasn’t an easier way to send money back home, are completely changing the way immigrants send remittances to their loved ones.
Only $2.99 fee per international transaction
Besides from the fact that your first transaction to México has no transfer fee, Félix has the lowest transfer fees to México, a fixed amount of $2.99. Other parties such as Western Union, Wise or Remitly will charge a percentage of the amount to be sent. Quite expensive, huh?
Let’s say you want to send a thousand dollars. If your current service provider charges a 2% fee, you’ll end up paying $20 of a single transfer. That’s $17.01 more than what Félix would charge you. There are far more interesting things in which you can spend that kind of money, don’t you agree?
Transfering money to Mexico is as easy as sending a text
The most interesting thing about Félix, is that money transfers to Mexico are done via WhatsApp. Basically, just message Félix, he’ll walk you through the process.
With Félix, a remittance takes less than a minute, follow this 5 step guide:
- Input the name of the person who will receive the money.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer. It can either be in US dollars or Mexican Pesos.
- You’ll receive a message with the conversion to the current rate, click accept. (Felix does have the best rates)
- Choose how you want the person to receive the money, it can either be a direct deposit to their bank account or picked up in cash in a convenience store.
- Pay with your card.
¡Done! Instant money transfer to México as near as your phone.
Instead of withdrawing cash and running to a money transfer location, text Félix.
The best feature they have is that Félix saves your beneficiary’s information, next time you want to make a transaction you just have to pick the person from the list of your beneficiaries and input the amount to be sent. Forget about filling irrelevant information over and over again.
Sending money to Mexico with Félix takes less than 40 seconds, try it out.
Why should you make an international transfer with Félix?
- It’s the easiest way to send money to Mexico. A transaction is just one message away.
- You don’t need to download apps or create accounts that require loads of information.
- It has the lowest transfer fees.
- You can pay with your credit/debit card.
- The maximum amount limit is high (up to $3,000).
- Beneficiary’s information will be saved to speed up for future transactions.
- You’ll receive personalized attention if you have any questions.